Poynton Dippers was established in 1979.
Poynton Dippers is a friendly, inclusive, and community orientated swimming club which promotes swimming and encourages members to develop their potential as competitive swimmers and/or enjoy swimming within a social environment.
Our objectives are;
- to provide focused coaching which identifies ability and provides support for those with competitive potential who wish to follow a pathway into the sport;
- to create and sustain a friendly and welcoming environment which promotes and encourages swimmers of all levels and provides a rich and rewarding social and competitive swimmer experience.
Priorities for the club
Governance: just because we're a development club does not mean that we lack governance.
- To provide a clear and transparent governance structure where decisions are taken in the best interest of the club.
- Where accountabilities and responsibilities are clear and provide effective running of the club's activities with good leadership and decision making.
- Clear opportunities for participation and contribution to the decision making and running of the club.
Participation: to increase and/or sustain participation in club sessions at all levels. Provide and maintain a clear pipeline for new joiners and pathway in additional to swimming for our senior members. To achieve consistent club attendance at approximately 8 local gala events each year.
Coaching: to provide and develop sustainable coaching resources. Support and develop club coaches and encourage club affiliation amongst the work force. To provide sustainability in resourcing.