Dry side Training
Poynton Dippers run land based training each Monday night at the leisure centre. The sessions are led by Dave Miles and supported by coach Chris. Dave is an Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training.
Both Dave and Chris have been running these sessions for some time now and the sessions remaining extremely popular with our swimmers. The sessions are aimed at swimmers who are 10 years old and above, and open to all of our squads. The session exercises are adapted to meet the needs of those of different ages and levels of fitness.
During lockdown Dave and Chris recorded a number of Youtube videos to help our swimmers continue their training when stuck at home. Those videos continue to be available for anyone to follow and also give you an idea of what to expect from land training if you've not been before. Thank you to Dave and Chris for all their hard work in putting these together.
- To assist with the booking and payment process we have signed up to Classfit.
- Please click on the link and use 'Dippers' to search for the classes https://app.classfit.com/index.php/c/SearchClass?v=1379754c6
- You will be asked to set up an account, please use the swimmers name and date of birth in the sign up process.
- If you have more than 1 child attending dry side you will need to set up a profile for each child, using a different email address for each child too.
- You can select which weeks you'd like your child to attend and pay for those weeks online.
- Booking is on a first come first served basis.
- If the sessions become full there is a waiting list, if a place becomes available you will be emailed to the email address you have used to register on Classfit and be asked if you'd like to book onto that session.
- You will need to sign up, register, pay and repeat this process for each session. You can not book multiple sessions in one go.
- The cost is £2.50 per session.
- Please only sign up to the weeks you know you can attend as refunds will only be given if you cancel your session and your space is taken up by someone on the waiting list.
- For those planning to attend for the first time please complete the attached medical questionnaire and hand it in at your first dry side training session. You can download the form here.
- The sessions will be planned appropriately so they can be adapted to the varying strengths and fitness levels of those attending.
- Bring a water bottle and towel to each session.