Our Training Times
You'll find our training times listed below along with the name of the Level 2 coach responsible for the session. All training takes place at Poynton Leisure Centre.
|Group||Monday Coach: |
|Dry side training.|
10 years+ (All Groups) via email registration
|Session 1: |
7:50pm - 8:30pm
|Juniors (Green)||8.30am - 9.15am|
|Juniors (Blue)||7:15pm - 8:00pm||9:30am - 10:15am|
|Juniors (Purple)||7:15pm - 8:00pm||10:15am - 11:00am|
|Seniors - Select (Yellow)||9:30am - 11:00am|
|Seniors (Yellow)||8:00pm - 9:00pm||8:00pm - 9:00pm|
|Youths & Masters||9:00pm - 10:00pm||9:00pm - 10:00pm|
Our swimmer progression system is straight forward at Poynton Dippers. Following an initial trial with our head coach new swimmers will be assigned an initial group and will then start attending the sessions related to that group. Swimmers will progress through our groups as Green > Blue > Purple > Yellow.
- Swimmers should arrive in good time to start the training session. We would ask swimmers to be present 10 minutes before the scheduled session start time. This gives swimmers an opportunity to stretch (to avoid injury) and ensures we can start the session on time, as all chatting will be out of the way! 😉
- Have all your equipment with you, and bring it poolside including;
- Water bottle
- Kickboard / Fins
- Medical i.e. inhaler and inform your coach.
- Use the toilet before training begins and always inform your coach if you need to leave the pool during training.
- Swimmers must not be dropped off and left without first checking that the session is on.
- Parents are asked to be present by the end of the session as this is in the interest of safety and so that the coach will know that all swimmers are picked up. The coach’s responsibility finishes at the end of the session when the swimmer enters the changing room.